Last week 68 teams had visions of cutting down the nets in New Orleans. Today only 16 are left. I am going to take a look at those 16 teams and let you know who I think will make it to play next weekend.
Jumbo’s Sweet Sixteen Rankings
- Kentucky: The best team in the nation is loaded and primed to win it all. An Elite 8 matchup with an athletic Baylor could be trouble for them but they should advance.
- Michigan State: Why did I pick against Izzo in March when I did my bracket last week? I don’t know. March is when Tom Izzo shows us all that he is one of the best college basketball coaches of all time.
- Ohio State
- Baylor: Baylor may be the only team with the athletes to play with Kentucky but are they mature enough to play controlled ball against them? That is the question.
- Marquette: The Marquette/Florida game should be the best game on Thursday. This game will be the first to 85 points wins.
- UNC: Marshall’s wrist injury meansCarolinahas no chance at a title. They are just not healthy enough to make a run.
- Syracuse: They have made it farther in the tournament than anyone thought they would without Fab Melo. I think they get by Wisconsin and go down to Ohio State in the Elite 8.
- Louisville: 2 Hall of Fame coaches (Izzo and Pitino) battle it out. I like Louisville but they have nothing for MSU’s Draymond Green.
- Indiana: They should have plenty of confidence going into their Sweet 16 matchup with Kentucky but I don’t think lightning will strike again. Unless they shoot 60% from 3-point range again.
- NC State: They have played very strong inside in the tournament and they are shooting well. Do they have the horses to play with Kansas and set up a 4th meeting with UNC? Yes!
My Top 3 Sweet 16 Games To Watch Are:
- #3 Marquette vs. #7 Florida 10:07pm Thursday TBS
- #1 Michigan State vs. #4 Louisville 7:47pm Thursday TBS
- #1 Kentucky vs. #4 Indiana 9:35pm Friday CBS
My Pre-Tournament Final 4 was: Kentucky, Missouri, Ohio State and North Carolina
My Pre-Tournament Champion was: Kentucky over Ohio State
My Final 4 Today is: Kentucky, Michigan State, Ohio State, and Kansas
UKand OSU stay in but MSU takes Missouri’s place and due to Marshall’s injury I am projecting a Kansas win vs. UNC in the Elite 8.
Players have put teams on their backs and taken them to titles before. Remember Carmelo and Syracuse. Kemba Walker and UCONN. Will Draymond Green join them in 2012? I think so.