Look man, you can listen to Jimi but you can’t hear him. There’s a difference man. Just because you’re listening to him doesn’t mean you’re hearing him.
Welcome back to another exciting week in the world of basketball! Preseason games continue in the league, Colleges have started practice and commitments are coming in quick. Allow me to catch you up.
- The Jumbo’s man-crush, Kevin Love, broke his hand doing knuckle push ups. Seriously. He’s going to miss 6-8 weeks. The only thing dumber is listening to Jumbo’s gambling advice.
- The NBA continues it’s attempt to take the fun out of the game. This time, they’re limiting pre-game handshakes. I know that was certainly my biggest complaint with the league.
- Here’s a list of current NBA player prop bets. I think Harrison Barnes at 12/1 to win rookie of the year is a great value bet.
- Guess who’s contract runs out in two years? That’s right, the Lebron James 2014 rumors have already started. Coincidently, Kobe’s contract expires the same year…
- The Mayans were right. NC State is the favorite to win the Atlantic Coast Conference.
- The first polls are coming out and the USA Today Coaches Poll tabs Indiana as the #1 team. No arguments from me.
- ESPN will be hanging out a lot in Lexington, KY this year. On Wednesday, the network debuted their “All Access Kentucky” program and it was impressive. John Calipari is always one step ahead of your favorite coach.
- There’s not many people I like less than Rick Pitino. Therefore, Jim Boeheim is my new favorite person.
High School Recruiting
- James Young and Marcus Lee announced they would join the Harrison twins at Kentucky next year. That’s Calipari’s 4th top 15 commitment for the 2013 class. Good luck everyone else.
- Rivals’ top ranked 2013 player, power forward Julius Randle, is blogging about his recruitment over at USA Today. This week he talks about his decision to cut Duke and UNC from his list and his relationship with the Harrison twins.
- The Florida State Seminoles landed a commitment from Xavier Rathan-Mayes. The top 30 prospect is a huge get for FSU, but it’s one of his best friends that makes this a huge story. Rathan-Mayes is good friends with AAU teammate Andrew Wiggins. Wiggins just happens to be the best High School player in the country (class of 2014 for now) and his parents also attending FSU. This puts the Seminoles in a great position to land a player capable of changing their entire program.
I’ll see you again next week. Follow me on twitter @DLAGPrez