With 5 weeks to go in the FBS regular season, we have 11 undefeated teams. We know we will have at most 10 after this weekend, but I think it will be 7 after ND, MSU, Louisville and OSU lose this weekend. Here is the list of unbeatens and my take on if they can run the table.
- Alabama: The defending National Champs are getting to the meat of their schedule and have a tough game against fellow undefeated Mississippi State. I see them getting by that game, but losing to a rested LSU Tiger team in Baton Rouge. If the Tide game get out of Louisiana with a win, I don’t see them losing before the SEC Title game.
- Oregon: The Duck will have no problem with Colorado this week, after that they have the tough USC Trojans on the road next week. I don’t think they get by USC, but if they do a potential Undefeated Civil War battle at Oregon State looms.
- Florida: I think the Gators are going to get by Georgia this weekend and be 11-0 when they travel to FSU on Thanksgiving weekend. They will have the SEC East clinched by then so a slip up could happen on the road. I just don’t see it. I have the Gators undefeated and facing the Alabama/LSU winner in the SEC Title game.
- Kansas State: Kansas State is a team of destiny. They are playing great D and boast the current Heisman favorite in Collin Klein. They have a schedule that sets up for the BCS Championship and they don’t have to worry about a BIG12 title game. I think they have the easiest road to Miami.
- Notre Dame: The Irish has been a hell of a story, but the party is going to end Saturday in Oklahoma. The Irish defense will have trouble staying ahead of a the OU playmakers. A season ending trip to USC also looms on the schedule.
- Oregon State: The Beavers have surprised many and been a great story. They have a tough road that includes road games at Washington and Stanford and the Civil War with Oregon. It may be too much to overcome.
- Ohio State: The Buckeyes have nothing but pride to play for so they are dangerous. I don’t like for them to get past Penn State this weekend and their trip to Wisconsin will be tough also.
- Mississippi State: The Bulldogs got to 7-0, but they get the tough part of their schedule now. With road trips to Alabama and LSU, their chances are about zero for an undefeated season.
- Louisville: The Cardinals have a tough matchup vs. Cincinnati tonight and if they can get by them they have to closeout at Rutgers. I don’t see the Cardinals making it out of the Big East alive.
- Rutgers: If the Scarlet Knights can get past Kent State this weekend, I like their road to 12-0 and an Orange Bowl berth vs. NC State.
- Ohio: The Bobcats have been my darling since week 1 and I think they can finish up the season at 12-0. Will they get enough of a push in the polls to get into a BCS bowl? I don’t know, but winning out will be a big step.
|UNBEATEN TEAMS||REMAINING GAMES ( PROJECTED WIN OR LOSS)||PROJECTED RECORD|
|ALABAMA 7-0||MSU||@LSU (L)||TX A&M||WCU||AUBURN||11-1|
|OREGON 7-0||COL||@USC (L)||CAL||STAN||@OSU||11-1|
|KANSAS STATE 7-0||TTU||OSU||@TCU||@BAYLOR||TEXAS||12-0|
|NOTRE DAME 7-0||@OU (L)||PITT||@BC||WFU||@USC||11-1|
|OREGON STATE 6-0||@WASH||ASU||@STAN (L)||CAL||OREGON (L)||10-2|
|OHIO STATE 8-0||@PSU (L)||ILL||BYE||@WIS (L)||MICH||10-2|
|MISS STATE 7-0||@BAMA (L)||TEX A&M (L)||@LSU (L)||ARK||MISS||9-3|
|LOUISVILLE 7-0||CIN (L)||TEM||@CUSE||CONN||@RUT (L)||10-2|