- The team that some idiots think could beat an NFL team, fell to Johnny “Football or Upset or No-Interview” Manziel and Texas A&M. In their first year in the SEC, Texas A&M may have done what no other team in the country could do in nearly 7 years. Prevent an SEC National Title. The Tide would still be favored against the top 3 teams, but they will have to sit and hope that at least 2 of them slip up.
- Welcome to the Heisman front row, Johnny Manziel. The redshirt freshman did to Alabama what no one thought he could do and moved side by side with Collin Klein for the Heisman. Let’s compare their numbers. Klein Passing: 2,020 yds, 12 td-3 Int, Rushing: 694 yds, 17 td Manziel Passing: 2,780, 18 td-6 Int, Rushing: 954 yds, 14 td. Being undefeated and not a freshman gives Klein an edge, but a late loss will take his team out of title contention and him out of the Heisman.
- UMass beat Akron yesterday to get its first win of the season, so that leaves Southern Miss as the only winless team in the FBS. They finish up with 2-8 UTEP and 2-8 Memphis. 2 weak teams from the horrible Conference USA.
- 2011 2nd Team All-American, Marquess Wilson has left Washington State and has accused Mike Leach and his staff of verbal, mental and physical abuse. Here is his statement. Player abuse led to Leach’s dismissal from Texas Tech and WSU is looking into it.
- Tommy Tuberville said he was just trying to pull one of his assistants back on the field and he didn’t slap him. You decide if Tuberville is full of shit or if you are blind.
- Texas rolled out the wishbone on their first play to honor legendary coach Darrell Royal and it turned out to be a 47 yd gain. Royal passed away on Wednesday and the former Texas coach won 3 National Titles and 11 Southwest Conference Titles in his career at Texas. Current Texas coach and Royal friend, Mac Brown sat on the floor and cried when he heard of Royal’s passing.
- I think there will be some major college football programs looking for head coaches this offseason. Auburn, Tennessee, Arkansas are guaranteed to be looking and I think that the top 2 teams in the PAC12 will be looking for leadership. Oregon’s Chip Kelly will move on to the NFL and I think that Lane Kiffin has worn out his welcome at USC. I like Charlie Strong at Louisville and David Cutcliffe to get one of these major jobs.
Week 12 Games to watch: Stanford at Oregon and Ohio State at Wisconsin.
My Top 5:
3. Notre Dame
4. Kansas State