Former NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue has vacated all the fines and suspensions levied on the players in connection to the New Orleans Saints bounty scandal. Here is his full 22 page report and findings, but here are the points I am taking away.
- Players participated in a bounty program, but they did so under the leadership of the coach and GM.
- Players were just following orders.
- Roger Goodell overstepped his bounds during the investigation.
- Anthony Hargrove has an ironclad suit vs. the NFL for loss of pay, pension money and reputation.
- Jonathan Vilma will continue with his defamation lawsuit against Roger Goodell.