New Mexico Bowl: Arizona (7-5) vs. Nevada (7-5) 1pm ESPN
Arizona showed a lot of promise with wins over USC and Oklahoma State in their first season under Rich Rodriquez, but losing to Oregon and UCLA by a combined 115-10 showed us they have some ways to go before they can be in any PAC12 title conversations. Arizona 42-34
5 Reasons to Watch
- Points, points, points! Both these defenses are very bad and neither team will have trouble crossing the goal line today.
- 2 of the best running backs in the nation. Arizona’s Ka’Deem Carey led the all RBs in rushing with 1,757 yds and has been named to multiple 1st All-American teams. Nevada’s Stefphon Jefferson is right behind him with 1,703 yds rushing and will be gunning to pass him today. With the talent in both these backfields and the opposing defenses inefficiencies, we could see both backs break the 200 yd mark.
- Arizona QB Matt Scott is projected as a 3rd/4th rd pick in the 2013 and finished as the PAC12 2nd team QB. Look for him to put of some good numbers today and to maybe move his draft stock up into the late 2nd/early 3rd.
- The only thing to watch in the Nevada defense that is good will be SS Duke Williams. Williams will be playing on Sundays next season and he has a knack for causing turnovers.
- You just want to kill some time today before you watch the #5 Florida vs. #8 Arizona basketball game tonight. Gators by 15.
Famous Idaho Potato Bowl: Toledo (9-3) vs. Utah State (10-2) 4:30pm ESPN
Utah State set a school record in wins and won its first outright conference title since FDR was president. Their reward is a shirt trip up the road to Boise to face the disappointing Toledo Rockets. The Rockets were picked by most to win the MAC and they can not be happy with the trip out west. Look for the Utah State defense to put it on Toledo and roll. Utah State 35-17
5 Reasons to Watch
- Utah State CB Will Davis is a legit 1st rd NFL talent. He leads the nation in passes defended and ranks 11th in INTs (Not Many Test Him).
- More running backs to watch. Utah States’ Kerwynn Williams and Toledo’s David Fluellen are 2 backs the NFL scouts will be watching hard today and you should be also.
- Utah State QB Chuckie Keeton is one of the most efficient passers in the nation and looks to take advantage of Toledo’s 116th ranked pass defense.
- Toledo WR Bernard Reedy is an electric returner and is a scoring threat anytime he touches the ball. Utah State should score plenty, so look for Reedy to get many chances to bring one back.
- The Blue Field of Boise.