- The 48 game season will mean each games matters more than before and the shortened schedule will make the playoffs even better.
- Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin are going to make the Penguins the most exciting team in the league to watch. I think the layoff will show to be harder on the defenses than the offenses and the teams that can score fast will be very good this season. Malkin will play at an MVP level.
- The Carolina Hurricanes have a chance to win the Southeast division and be a dangerous playoff team with their offseason additions of Jordan Staal and Alexander Semin.
- The last season for future hall of famer, Teemu Selanne. One of the all-time greats, is still playing at a high level and I would love to see the Ducks get him to the playoffs one last time.
- The Columbus Blue Jackets may only win 10 games this season in the loaded Central Division.
- Get ready for some very exciting hockey. The scoring will be up and the action will be plenty. You can get tickets to a NHL event on the cheap, so make sure to check out the game live.
Western Conference Champion: Chicago Blackhawks
Eastern Conference Champion: Pittsburgh Penguins
Stanley Cup Champion: Pittsburgh Penguins