- Who’s the first driver to get hit with probation from NASCAR? This one is too easy considering a Busch brother seems to be on probation at all times, but I am going to change it up and say Greg Biffle will be the first driver NASCAR drops the discipline on this season.
- Who will be the 2013 Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year? 2-time Nationwide champ, Ricky Stenhouse Jr. will beat out his girlfriend and fellow rookie Danica Patrick for the honor. Stenhouse Jr. steps into the #17 for Jack Roush and will be a contender to win races this season.
- What driver will thrive with his new team in 2013? Joey Logano will have a solid season in the Penske #22, but Matt Kenseth’s move to the JGR #20 will be the move of the offseason. Kenseth gives JGR three legit title contenders for 2013.
- Can Danica Patrick win at NASCAR’s highest level and bring fans back to the sport? Wins will be hard for Danica to come by, but Stewart-Haas Racing will give her the cars to run well. I predict that Danica will get a 2013 win on one of the intermediate tracks like Texas or Las Vegas.
- What driver needs a sold season with a win to save their job next year? Juan Pablo Montoya is the driver with the most riding on 2013 and I think the move to the Gen6 car will be a boost for him and Earnhardt Ganassi Racing.
- What drivers who made the Chase in 2012 are going to be left out in 2013? I think it is going to be tough for Kevin Harvick, Greg Biffle and Martin Truex Jr. replicating their Chase season of 2012. Harvick is racing a lame duck season with RCR and my have some distractions from that to deal with. Truex Jr. was a surprise chaser for MWR last season, but seemed to falter down the stretch.
- With 3 Chase drivers from last year missing the Chase, who are going to be the 3 drivers to get in this season? Kyle Busch, Carl Edwards and Marcos Ambrose will make the 2013 Chase. Busch and Edwards will bounce back and have solid seasons while Ambrose will ride 2 road course wins to a Chase birth.
- Who will have the most wins in 2013? Denny Hamlin will lead the series with 6 wins in 2013, but his other inconsistent finishes will cost him a top 3 finish in the points.
- Who will win the 2013 Sprint Cup title if I am not making the obvious pick of Clint Bowyer? I look for Tony Stewart to have a strong season and be up front for a large chunk of the year, but I am picking Jimmie Johnson to win his 6th Sprint Cup title. Johnson slipped a bit down the stretch last season, but the change to the Gen6 car will be huge for the #48 team and Johnson will prevail in the end.