I know it’s only May 26th, but if you are like me, you never stop thinking about football season and it is never too early to give you 8 predictions for the 2013 season. So check them out and remember where you heard them first when College Gameday is repeating them.
- Johnny Manziel will not finish in the top 5 of the 2013 Heisman voting. Manziel will not have the luxury of a signature win vs. Bama this season and the departure of Joeckel will be felt more than most think. Mix that with seasons I feel Braxton Miller, AJ McCarron and Teddy Bridgewater are going to have and a monster 20 sack year from Jadeveon Clowney and Manziel will be out of a New York invite.
- Texas, Virginia Tech and USC will all be looking for new head coaches in 2014. Lane Kiffin getting ousted at USC isn’t really a surprise, but the Mack Brown and Frank Beamer were once sacred cows at Texas and VT respectively. This just shows the “Win or Get Out” mentality that runs college football today.
- The ACC Title is going to have to go through Chapel Hill. The Tarheels have the ACC’s best coach (Larry Fedora), best offense and Bryn Renner will have a breakout Sr. season. VT is on the decline and getting the Hurricanes at home give the Heels a light track to the ACC Championship game.
- Bobby Petrino and the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers are BCS busters. Willie Taggert left Petrino with a stocked cupboard that includes stud RB Antonio Andrews. If the Hilltoppers can open the season with 2 road wins vs. the SEC (Kentucky, Tennessee), look for them to be 6-0 when LA-Lafayette comes to town.
- Notre Dame will slip back into the shadows of the college football world. The BCS hammering Alabama gave them will take some time to wear off, but the loss of QB Everett Golson will hurt more. The schedule is brutal as always and the Irish will drop at least 4 games this season. Continue reading