There were 35 offensive skilled position players picked in the 1st two days of the NFL draft and here’s how I have them ranked prior to the 4th-7th rounds. I will update the rankings after the draft is complete and throughout the UDFA and mini camp process.
Mike Evans, WR, Tampa Bay- Big WR that will win at the catch point and will get plenty of balls opposite of VJax.
- Sammy Watkins, WR, Buffalo- Must/Will become the #1 in Buffalo.
- Eric Ebron, TE, Detroit- The Lions will turn Ebron in to the Jimmy Graham of the North.
- Cody Latimer, WR, Denver- Will fit in the role Eric Decker left behind, but must wait his turn.
- Bishop Sankey, RB, Tennessee- One-cut backs thrive in Kubiak’s system.
- Jordan Matthews, WR, Philadelphia- Will catch a ton of balls for Chip Kelly. PPR bonus.
- Brandin Cooks, WR, New Orleans- Sonic Boom will thrive in Sean Payton’s offense.
- Odell Beckham, WR, New York Giants- If the O-Line keeps Eli up, Beckham will be open.
- Tre Mason, RB, St. Louis- He is a better back than Zac Stacy, and will be the lead back soon.
- Donte Moncrief, WR, Indianapolis- Andrew Luck’s future #1.
- Jeremy Hill, RB, Cincinnati- Will be a TD machine.
Carlos Hyde, RB, San Francisco- Crowded backfield will take some time to thin out, but Hyde is the best of the bunch.
- Davante Adams, WR, Green Bay- Will replace James Jones and will fit nicely.
- Allen Robinson, WR, Jacksonville- Not the raw talent that Blackmon is was, but will be Bortles’ #1 soon.
- Dri Archer, WR, Pittsburgh- Will be a very good NFL slot WR.
- Terrance West, RB, Cleveland- Will have to play behind the oft-injured Ben Tate. Will get his chance soon.
- Josh Huff, WR, Philadelphia- Chip Kelly picked an Oregon guy and will know how to use him.
- Marqise Lee, WR, Jacksonville- The Jag coaches must have had no trust in their WR core.
- Blake Bortles, QB, Jacksonville- Only QB in the top 20 is in Jacksonville. I must be drunk.
- Jace Amaro, TE, New York Jets- The Jets needed a WR, but grabbed a very good TE.
Jarvis Landry, WR, Miami- Will not be out worked. Ever.
- Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Carolina- Should be able to get some TDs, but yard will be hard to come by.
- John Brown, WR, Arizona- Arizona gets a very solid slot WR.
- Charles Sims, RB, Tampa Bay- Will be the #2 behind Doug Martin, and has big upside.
- Richard Rodgers, TE, Green Bay- Former WR will replace Finley
- Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Tampa Bay- Big target will be hard to cover.
- Paul Richardson, WR, Seattle- Fast, but way too small.
- Derek Carr, QB, Oakland- Has a cannon, but needs to develop some nerves.
C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE, Houston- Is a very solid TE that could grow to a very good TE.
- Johnny Manziel, QB, Cleveland- Who will he throw to?
- Crockett Gilmore, TE, Baltimore- Eh
- Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Minnesota- Hate his fit in Minnesota.
- Troy Niklas, TE, Arizona- Bruce Arians loves TEs, but he will be used more as a blocker.
- Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, New England- 3 year plan
- Jerick McKinnon, RB, Minnesota- WHY?